[GLLUG] more Penguicon thoughts

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Tue Apr 24 19:14:44 EDT 2007

Exactly, it's all a matter of censorship and liability.  Whether it
would stand up in court or not, I'd rather Penguicon not end up in a
legal battle over something a kid did or saw while at Penguicon.  I was
shooting for the same type of thing, but picked 13 as that was the age
given in the Penguicon materials for age appropriateness.  Personally,
I'd be all for bumping that up to 16 or so, but I was just basing it off
the verbiage existing rules.  Eighteen seems too old of a limit to me,
as a 16 year old could legally create offspring of his/her own.

Perhaps we could get Penguicon to require permission slips and issue
different badge colors to minors?  I.e., someone cannot enter with a
blue badge (minor) unless accompanied with a green badge (adult).  Those
  16+ (or whatever age) with parents requesting unrestricted access get
an orange badge.