[GLLUG] PDF Files

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Thu Apr 26 14:39:48 EDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Eric Miller wrote:

> True, you could be setting yourself up for a DMCA smack-down. :-)

the Beefy DMCA Smackdown tonight!

Seriously if you can just save it as a postscript file, you are golden.
It strips the junky pdf extensions out like the javascript and
stuff. However, im not sure it is quite that easy anymore since the
checksum, passwd and postscript are all by default binary now. (you used
to be able to edit the pdf files with vi... =) )

I -think- that is how I did it. I just remember pushing it between my mac
and linux box a few times i just don't recall the utilities I used exactly
(I have a good idea which ones I used..) I am quite sure I didnt use a gui
app on the linux side to do it since tunneling x over an ssh connection to
the MacOS 8 was damn near impossible. You -could- do it but....