[GLLUG] Burnbox Future

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Apr 27 16:05:03 EDT 2007

Okay, I completely forgot to bring this up last night when we were all
assembled, but I'm gonna bring it up here.

At the con and afterwards I had a few requests for copies of the burnbox
software, which is a very cool thing.  The question is, how do we want to
handle it?  In the strictest sense, because no money changed hands,
Burnbox is my intellectual property and I can do with it as I darned well
please.  The reality is though that it's always been done as something for
GLLUG, and I want to see how the group feels about it.

The obvious thing to do is release it as an open source project.  As
somebody who is trying to bring a source code management tool to market,
I'd also like to host the project on my server, or at least a server
running my software suite (subversion, CVSTrac and my SQLite3
authentication module).  Is this a route that would be acceptable, or do
people have strong feelings that it should be released in some other
manner?

Clay
--
Simple Content Management