[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, Dec 6, 2007

Andy Lee ALEE at courts.mi.gov
Thu Dec 6 13:50:19 EST 2007

We'll see. I'm running Ubuntu through VMWare over XP. If it doesn't work I'll just make traffic for the hackers.

On Dec 6, 2007 8:15 AM, Andy Lee <ALEE at courts.mi.gov> wrote:
> Do you know if these tools will work on Linux running in a virtual machine, or does the virtualized network interface no longer look like wireless?

Karl's going to be the authority here, but I believe a virtual machine
won't allow the monitoring/injecting software to get close enough to
the hardware to do what it needs to do. Also might depend on the
method of virtualization in use.

Charles