[GLLUG] Looking for advice / recommendations

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Fri Dec 7 21:53:55 EST 2007

The only GUI editor I've seen that wasn't complete and total garbage was
nVu.  Even then, when I last looked, it had a LONG way to go.  I would
strongly recommend a text editor.  If you are just starting, something
with syntax highlighting and expansion capabilities would probably be
best (kwrite or emacs might be good candidates for that).

There really are only about a dozen elements that you should ever be
dealing with for content, so learning those isn't that big of a deal.  I
doubt you need more than these tags for everything you will ever want to
do.  Even doing it professionally, I rarely get outside of this set:

html, head, body, title, link
p, span, div
img
ul, ol, li
table, tr, td, th
h1, h2, h3, h4
strong, em

Please remember, NONE of your presentation should be done in (X)HTML.
That is the realm of content only.  Your presentation should all be done
in CSS.