[GLLUG] printf("EHLO World");

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Tue Feb 20 18:29:42 EST 2007

I attended last Thursday's meeting, but I thought I should say hello to
everyone.

I've been running Linux almost exclusively for about five to six years
now (since around the Caldera 2.x era).  There is plenty to learn, and
there will always be.  Right now, I'm stuck trying to get IPv6 working
via some OpenWRT routers and haven't been making any real progress.  If
anyone else has gotten IPv6 working, I'd appreciate a second set of eyes
over my troubleshooting logs.  Right now, it's looking like Comcast is
dropping IP6 tcp (but not icmp6) packets inside the 6to4 tunnel.

I am a casual gamer and have a lot of scripts setup for games like
NeverWinter Nights, Starcraft, Warcraft 2 BNE, Warcraft 3 TFT, Diablo2,
EverQuest, and several others to make them behave like a normal *nix
program (read-only program directory, game data stored inside $HOME,
etc).  If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to share these scripts (if
the game in question happens to be commercial, you still have to own a
copy).  Some of these require WineHQ, some require Cedega, and at least
NeverWinter Nights just runs natively (but writes into the program
directory).

I'll see everyone at the next meeting,

-Rick