[GLLUG] Re: Mounting a Drive

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Fri Jan 12 10:49:07 EST 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Jordan Robison wrote:

> ah yeah I was mounting the drive I was just showing what happened when I did
> a umount -a. When I did a mount -a it also said that the drive was busy.

The drive is busy, just means something is accessing that filesystem.
it could be as simple as being in a directory that is on that filesystem,
or the fact linux tried to use it as swap..

As Chick say you need to change the fstab entry and reboot it so at least
it is getting the right partition for swap. I would assume that if the
systme is -trying- to use it as a swap partition and even if it failed it
is still flagged as a swap partition.

You might try swapoff /dev/hda3 first in case it really is using it as a
swap partition. *shrugs*