[GLLUG] Job Postings

Andy Lee ALEE at courts.mi.gov
Thu Jan 25 09:48:34 EST 2007

This is slightly off topic, but I'm hoping this group can help get the
word around to find people interested in a couple of positions I have
open. I think these are great opportunities, hopefully one of you, or
someone you know will be interested.

The first position is for a programmer. We are in the early stages of a
large development project redesigning the case management system for the
Michigan Court of Appeals. We are working with Visual Studio 2005, and
.Net 2.0, C#. I am looking for someone with object-oriented design
experience, preferably with .Net experience. We have several J2EE
projects in production, as well as legacy ASP, and some Perl. Though our
primary development will be in .Net, I'm looking for someone who is
comfortable touching other languages.

The second position is for a Database Administrator. We have Oracle 10g
databases in Lansing, Detroit and Troy synchronized through multi-master
replication. These are running on SuSE SLES 9. This person would be
responsible for managing the OS and database for these systems. I'm
looking for someone familiar with data modeling and software development
to assist with design tasks for the project mentioned above. We also
have a couple of MySQL and MS SQL Server databases to support third
party applications, and the DBA is responsible for managing those as
well.

These are full-time positions at the Michigan Court of Appeals, and
come with a great benefits package including full medical, dental, and
optical insurance, plentiful vacation, sick and holiday time, and a
relaxed friendly work environment. With rare exceptions, overtime is not
required or encouraged. Also of note, the Judiciary is separate from the
rest of the State government, so we are not a part of the Department of
Information Technology. The full job descriptions and posting can be
downloaded from our website at:
http://courtofappeals.mijud.net/resources/employment.htm

If you are interested, please forward your resume directly to me, or to
the address specified in the job postings. We will be accepting resumes
for about the next 2 weeks, and hope to fill these positions as soon as
possible.

Thanks,
 Andy Lee
 Systems Manager