[GLLUG] OT: Vista's DRM cost article updated

Mike Szumlinski szumlins at mac.com
Sat Jan 27 13:06:45 EST 2007

I love the corollary.  Obviously written by an OSS guy because the
concept would NEVER work for consumers.  Wanna install Quake 6?  Oh,
you don't have the blah blah blah api dependancy.  That'll be $10
please.  Oh yeah, and that is dependent on blah blah blah 2 .api, so
we'll need another $5.

For every one person that even knows what a dependency is or what API
stands for, there are 300 browsing MySpace that just don't care.
They want to text message (OMGWTFABBQ!?!) and play freecell.  Hell,
half the people out there STILL think that Microsoft Office is the
operating system on their machine.

I do find the Vista graphics code article interesting, but it is
getting pretty close to a year since that article was posted.  Anyone
on here a Vista beta developer?  Anyone know if this still holds true?

-Mike