[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, February 1

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue Jan 30 21:51:47 EST 2007

Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave
in Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and
Fairview avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2021+E+Michigan+Ave,+Lansing,+MI

We typically meet in the back portion of the cafe on the lower level.
Venue website: http://www.gonewiredlansing.com/

Agenda: Securing  Wireless Part I

Wireless network's are notoriously insecure, and common belief is
that there are no good ways to secure them. WEP and WPA are both
fairly easy to break, so Caleb will demonstrate how to make your
wireless communications as secure as your wired communications via
IPSec. Over the course of the series we are going to cover how to
set up IPSec, and create a proxy to keep your communications secure.
We will also learn how to make any operating system into an IPSec
client.

Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so
that we can get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to
this message (with the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field)
indicating your desire to attend and/or change the message Subject to
"RSVP". Thanks!

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com