[GLLUG] /ect/hosts gone bad

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:33:33 EDT 2007

How were you "messing" with it, Jordan?  I'm not familiar with other
editors, but if you were using vim, it probably saved the original as
/etc/hosts~ (that's a tilde at the end).  However, if you edited it
multiple times, you'll only have the second-to-last version, not
necessarily one that works.

                                Chick