[GLLUG] $150 linux laptop - new?

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Mon Jul 30 10:36:46 EDT 2007

Digilink is already selling desktops for $275.  We just bought one and it
isn't bad, entirely adequate for web surfing, email and word processing.
I wouldn't try to run the latest games on this machine, but for everyday
use I don't see the problem.

Anyway, dropping $75 by Christmas doesn't seem even slightly unreasonable.
 These things would be huge with students.

Clay

Sean O'Malley wrote:
> I don't know whether -this- is a scam or not, but intel and amd are both
> pushing for the $200 consumer pricepoint and 100 for the "student" laptop.
>
> It wouldnt surprise me to see this new generation surfacing right around
> xmas. It also wouldnt surprise me if they didnt ship with Windows due to
> technical limitations.
>

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Nathan Hartley wrote:
>

>> Q: Are there other costs except for the laptop?
>> A: The only costs that adds to the price are the low fee that comes with
>> using your card online, the delivery and if you buy extra support or
>> accessories.
>>
>> I wonder what the "low fee" is? $2,000 maybe? =)

Lazarus Registration
http://www.lazarusid.com/registration.shtml