[GLLUG] $150 linux laptop - new?

Stephan Andre' andres at msu.edu
Mon Jul 30 12:17:41 EDT 2007

I think you're right that the price could come down to $200, but I don't
think they'll be that much of a hit with students--they won't have the
graphics or storage needs for most student stuff.  Perhaps for kids in
grade school, or those who have really limited funds.

Me, I think that the $200 system will ultimately be huge with older
folks, those who didn't grow up with computers, but do know how to
use them at least for email with their kids, etc.  I know at least half
a dozen people who wander down to the AA public library twice a
week or so to get email.  They could afford a $1K system, but don't
see the need.  At $200 though, I'll bet many of them will bite...

--STeve Andre'