[GLLUG] Realtek silent data corruption

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:22:30 EDT 2007

Although this covers Windows drivers, I mention it here for several reasons:

* Many of us are forced to use possibly-affected Windows PCs in the
workplace or at home.
* The Realtek-supplied Linux driver (if there IS one) may be affected.
* The corrupted data may wind up on our Linux machines.
* It may affect torrent transfers for all of us.

"Realtek network driver silently corrupts data"
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=639>

Which also begs the question, "How did this driver get
WHQL-certified?"  It shows real sloppiness on the part of MS and
Realtek (I admit, no surprises there).

-- Mikey