[GLLUG] Network adapter troubles

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Mon Jun 4 22:12:00 EDT 2007

Dan Ryan wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm running into an issue with my network card.  Every time I reboot the
> system, I have to activate my network card and renew my IP address.  I'm
> running CentOS 4.5.  Any reason why this might be?

My main "server" here at home has a cheap sis onboard ethernet card that
suffers from the same problem.  I just created a custom section in my
startup script that did the activation for me.  I did on in
/etc/rc.local, which is helpful if you're running OpenBSD, but since
you're not it isn't.

Clay
--
CeaMuS, Simple Content Management