[GLLUG] PCMCIA Wireless network card

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Fri Jun 15 21:47:45 EDT 2007

> I would appreciate any recommendations y'all could give...

The Orinoco Silver card has excellent driver support and particularly
good range for a cardbus card.  I still have one, but my Dad kinda
confiscated it for his machine.  If I recall, it was $17 new after
shipping about 4.5-5.5 years ago.

If you need faster than 5Mbps wireless, you'll want to move to 802.11g
(driver support gets iffy on 802.11g), but it should be plenty fast for
any Internet tasks you have.  I've never looked into 802.11g PCMCIA
cards as most the newer laptops use internal pci based cards.