[GLLUG] apache problems - further

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Thu Jun 21 10:15:46 EDT 2007

Oh, I'm sorry I missed this.

In this case simply edit httpd.conf of the apache server and specify the IP you want apache to use.

Do this under the LISTEN directive.

Thank you.

Szymon Machajewski

Solutions Engineer / DBA
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Oracle Certified Associate
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
www.grcc.edu/smachaje

>>> "Benjamin Cathey" <benjamincathey at catheycompany.com> 6/21/2007 9:19 AM >>>
>->> It looks to me that you are listening already on port 80.  netstat shows
>->> 'mailserver' with PID  3946 as the program running.
>->>
>->> In a browser simply put the IP address of your server and see what pages
>->> will come up.
>->>
>->> You can either disable the mailserver http interface and release port 80 for
>->> your Apache system.
>->> You can add another IP to the interface and have both programs listening on
>->> port 80.
>->> You can change the port in Apache and run it on a different port then 80.
>->>

Right - That's what I said I did.  I have two IPs set up on the same NIC.  mailserver is listening on 192.168.1.200 and apache is setup to listen to 192.168.1.205 but it won't start and gives me that error message about "no listening sockets available" -- (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 192.168.1.205:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down --

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company
4917 Tranter St.