[GLLUG] Virtualization in WinVista

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:17:37 EDT 2007

I'm sure that there are some of us who would like to legally host
WinVista under Linux.  It almost happened for Home users, but...

There's a good reason why Microsoft flip-flopped on virtualization in
WinVista Home: It turns out that the DRM features in WinVista are
easily blown away like smoke on a summer breeze when WinVista is
virtualized. See:
"Analysis: DRM may be why Microsoft flip-flopped on Vista virtualization"
 http://preview.tinyurl.com/yrjfvd (Computerworld article)

I don't see how MS can fix this, nor why they didn't realize it BEFORE
the egg blew up in their faces.  In acceding to the likes of Sony and
Viacom, Microsoft thought they could be the masters of Hollywood, but
it's the customers that are getting bent over...

-- Mikey