[GLLUG] educational lesson plan software

Michael George george at idealso.com
Tue Jun 26 09:33:34 EDT 2007

I am looking for some software for my wife and I've not been able to
locate any in the Linux/Open Source realm (yet).  I am asking here because
I am hoping some of you may know of software that will meet our needs or
can maybe suggest other types of applications with similar needs that
might help us.

What we are looking for is software that can manage lesson plans.  We want
it to be tailorable to the student, not just to the class (or handle
multiple classes).  We want the data to be viewable by day, week, or month
so that she can print out schedules for each child.  It also would be nice
if the days would chain together so that if specific lessons are called
out for a week (e.g. M: p.16, T: p.17, W: p.18...) one can easily shift
everything back for a snow day or something.  She probably has other
things she'd like, too, but this probably gives the flavor of what we're
after.  It would also be nice if the items on the plans can be checked off
when completed.  It can be web-based or X11 (or OS X for that matter),
we're flexible.

Does anyone know of good client-server software that does this?
Alternatively, are there other types of software that can maintain similar
information (maybe a super-TODO list)?

Thanks!

-Michael George
 Ideal Solution, LLC