[GLLUG] Off Topic - Please, HTML/CSS problem, any help?

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Thu Mar 15 20:07:16 EDT 2007

You can absolutely do this, and easily.  Congratulations, you just
changed your file extensions (told you so :) ).

The easiest way would be use Server-Side-Includes, but there are tons of
good options.  SSI (.shtml) and PHP (.php) are the most common.  SSI is
very limited, but supports some very basic things like includes and
modification dates on practically everything.  PHP can do image
manipulation, database access, etc. as well.

You need to find out which languages your host supports before picking
which language to use.  Do NOT use JavaScript for any logic, includes,
etc.  In fact, it's a good idea to develop your page with JavaScript
off, then turn it on and edit only JavaScript code.