[GLLUG] Re: linux-user Digest, Vol 47, Issue 15

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 01:35:17 EDT 2007

Oh, sure, Jeremy, you post this just a little after I spend a whopping
$45 for a 233MHz Pentium laptop.  I tried Puppy Linux and DSL on mine.
I didn't try to tweak it much, but moving the cursor with the touchpad
was agonizingly slow and imprecise under Puppy.  With DSL, though, it's
a joy to use, even better than with the Win2000Pro that came on it.  I
haven't tried using the PCMCIA slots yet, or even the floppy drive.

Did you check out tuxmobil.org?  I see there are several articles for
that model, which may have hints on getting it to fully work.

If you can't even give it away, you could try selling it on Craigslist.
  There are versions for Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Saginaw.  The
listing would be free.  If you don't even want to bother with that, I'll
take it off your hands and fool around with it.  Even it would be an
upgrade from mine.  Maybe I could cluster them together.  :)

                                Chick