[GLLUG] satellite 2545XCDT

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Fri Mar 16 17:45:45 EDT 2007

Julie,

Once you've looked into the unit a little, bring the laptop down to one
of the meetings.  I might be able to give you a hand getting the cardbus
working so you can use PC cards for networking.  I also have a known
good cardbus ethernet card I can bring for testing if we don't get
anywhere on that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have something like a device resource
conflict that's just keeping it from working (had those issues before on
a previous laptop, never tested this one).  USB is a bit processor
intensive for a 300MHz class machine, so I wouldn't put too much effort
into getting that stable before working on the cardbus issues for a while.

I'd love to help out, if for nothing else than practice for the junkpile
wars at Penguicon.  It's been a long time since I touched anything with
an ISA bus :).