[GLLUG] apt died... and I killed it.

Dan Ryan thethinkbox at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 12:11:25 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I somehow found myself the proud owner of an old PowerMac G4.  With a
450Mhz CPU, 768MB RAM, 80GB HDD, it's not a bad little computer!
Naturally, the first thing I do is slap Ubuntu on there.

So earlier today, I'm rocking out on it, and all of a sudded I get
myself a messy error:  E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f
install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Apt worked great until I tried installing KDE from apt (The version
I'm using is 6.06 Server PPC, so it didn't come with a GUI) and now
whenever I try installing anything else from packages, I get that
little error.  Installing from source works fine, just apt is all
wonky.  I tried adding more repositories, changing the repositories,
and using the Ubuntu cd.  I even tried a dist-upgrade, but to no avail.

There's got to be something I'm missing.  Any ideas?

Cheers,
Dan Ryan