[GLLUG] more Penguicon thoughts

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue May 1 18:42:00 EDT 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 15:05, Caleb Cushing wrote:
> I like the Idea of a seperate gaming room. Although I would want it
> to be a permanent installation for the weekend because the hardware
> would be too much to set up and tear down every night.

That's pretty much not going to happen, unfortunately. Every single
Penguicon has had problems finding space for everything, even to the
point that they sometimes consider displacing things that are normal
parts of a con like the dealer's room. The only time they go out of
their way to make room for something new is if it turned out to be
extremely popular the year before. And in terms of popularity and
demand, computer gaming has been very nearly at the bottom of the
barrel every consecutive year.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see computer games thrive at Penguicon
(I was once a gamer myself), I just don't see a very large audience for
it.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com