[GLLUG] more Penguicon thoughts

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Wed May 2 18:24:23 EDT 2007

Taking an application written for a single user, single threaded OS in
the 386 era (when most had <4 MB ram) and running it under emulation on
a 4 core modern server with 30 attached terminals on a single license is
wishful thinking at best.

Regardless of licensing, the solution is that games with significant,
fast graphics like that really need to run local to the machine the
input/output is on, not the terminal server.