[GLLUG] Flint area members?

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Thu May 17 07:25:24 EDT 2007

Benjamin Cathey wrote:
> Oh sure - round about the time I can actually start attending meetings you are going to move them an hour away ;]
>
> I suppose if they are in Flint I won't be attending.  With the rising cost of gas and family responsibilities.  Oh well
>
> Maybe there will still be a GLLUG so that I can get some friends in the area ;]

I think Clay's original query was regarding an additional meeting or
group - not a replacement. I would hope there would be enough interest
in the Lansing area to keep a group going regardless of whether the
Flint folks moved up that way. I first joined GLLUG somewhere in the
1999-2000 time frame (I think). There are times when the GLUUG list has
been pretty quiet and meetings have been fewer but it hasn't ever died
entirely. I live in Perry and my son goes to Kettering but I expect that
on the occasions when we can come it would be to a Lansing location.
First of all it's closer (gone wired is about 15-20 minutes as opposed
to a 45-50 minute drive to Kettering) but also Josh likes to stay away
from Kettering when he doesn't have to be there. Can't say I even know
where Flushing is without looking at a map so I can't speak to that.

> Benjamin Cathey
> System Administrator
> Cathey Company
> 4917 Tranter St.
> Lansing, MI 48910 USA
> Phone:     517.393.4720
> Fax:       517.393.4225
> Toll Free: 800.333.1972
> "Service is Our Profession"

(snip)

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo AT lsd.k12.mi.us

Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when
your position falls, your ego goes with it.
     -Colin Powell