[GLLUG] Thursday's Meeting?

Marshal Newrock marshal at idealso.com
Thu May 17 11:03:15 EDT 2007

On Thu, 17 May 2007 10:41:34 -0400
"Eduardo Cesconetto" <eduardo at cesconetto.com> wrote:

> I believe botton posting is not proper, because you force people
> reading a reply to go all the way down, instead of open/read quickly.

That's why you trim all of the unnecessary previous material, something
that almost never happens with top-posting.  Bottom-posting without
trimming is just as bad.  IMO, in-line posting is best, as it's the
best way to keep the context so you don't have to read the book to
figure out what's being replied to.  Especially when it's a one or two
line reply to a long email.  I have missed the actual message in emails
like that because I scrolled down looking for it.  Other times, I have
missed the message because someone who usually top-posts put something
at the top, and then without warning, something inline.

--
Marshal Newrock, Ideal Solution LLC
http://www.idealso.com