[GLLUG] Flint area members?

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Fri May 18 19:40:43 EDT 2007

>>From Kettering campus:
>
> 1. Load your gun.
>
> 2. Go south to 5th street (hence the gun).
>
> 3. Turn right and follow the road until you pass the cemeteries, then
> further on to a town that doesn't look like the poster child for urban
> blight.
>
> Clay

Clay, I couldn't really make sense of your directions other than the
non-university student housing in the area is well-armed).

If anyone happens to see a shirt that says Flint -- but where the 'i' is
  an upward pointing handgun -- in an XXL, please grab it for me (I'll
gladly reimburse up to $20 or so).  That was originally a Kettering
design from one of the fraternities back around 2002.  They got in major
trouble over it and didn't get to sell that many before they were shut
down.  Regardless, they were hugely popular and someone might have the
bright idea to do it again.

Anyhow, back to directions.  Flushing is north-west of Kettering.

Basically, just take Chevrolet (or Dupont) north, then turn left on
Flushing Rd. (Patty's might be somewhere near these intersections).  You
can then just take Flushing into town.  A lot of Kettering staff live
over in that general area due to the proximity.