[GLLUG] router for home

Mike Neir lists at obscuredomainname.com
Thu Nov 15 00:36:08 EST 2007

This is quite true. I tried evaluating a WRT54GL as a cheap office
firewall at work, and things got pretty dicey when trying to sustain
traffic of more than a megabyte or two of data per second with
firewalling enabled. It had to do with the module that sends bridged
packets through iptables chains instead of ebtables (can't remember the
exact name off the top of my head). When removing this module or
disabling it via a sysctl, the performance went up immensely, but it
lost a lot of its ability to do connection tracking over the bridged
interfaces.

It's not really a problem too many cable/DSL users would run into, but
the limitation is still there.

MN