[GLLUG] Ubuntu compiler question

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Nov 16 14:19:59 EST 2007

Charles Ulrich wrote:
> I thought Ubuntu had the wacom drivers enabled and running by default.
> I remember having to troubleshoot/customize the X configuration on a
> couple of Ubuntu machines and commenting out the wacom sections of
> xorg.conf because I didn't need them.

Drivers are included for everything but the new Bamboo tablets, which is
what we have.  Bamboo is just a rebranded Graphire, which already has a
driver, but the identifying information is different.  The latest released
drivers have it, as does the 2.6.23 kernel.  Which is one revision short
of stable on Ubuntu.

Someday we'll get the good Wacom tablets, the 8x10 ones, but that day
isn't today.

Clay
--
Lazarus Registration