[GLLUG] How was Ohio Linux Fest?

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Mon Oct 1 21:08:36 EDT 2007

Steven Sayers wrote:
> It seems like quite a few people went. Then again I'm not sure. Was
> there anything interesting. Any new technology. I really was hoping to
> go but I wasn't able to this year.

There were three of us: Jeff, Eduardo, and myself. There were some interesting
vendors and talks, but nothing super exciting. (John "maddog" Hall gave a
pretty good talk on the importance of open source in third-world countries.)
Most of my time was spent doing the following:

- Explaining Penguicon to passers-by
- Selling Penguicon pre-registrations to passers-by
- Stamping the hell out of giveaway Penguicon CDs containing podcasts
- Scoring massive quantities of SWAG
- Watching Eduardo social engineer the Novell folks
- Trying to figure out what the icons mean in the OLPC GUI

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com