[GLLUG] Registering a Website Domain Name

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue Oct 23 14:56:44 EDT 2007

Pretty simple.

First, know where you're going to host it, because you're going to need to
know their domain name servers (you need two minimum).  Then you find a
registrar.  Your hosting company might be able to recommend somebody.  I'm
using DomainDiscover.com and it works for me at $16/year.  Much better
than the $75/year that I had to pay to Network Solutions in the bad old
days when they had a monopoly.

Clay

frank.dolinar at comcast.net wrote:
> Hi, folks,
>    I need to register a domain name (assuming it's available).  How do I
> go about this?  So far, I've done such stuff through a hosting site.
> Who / what organization do I contact?  What kind of price should I be
> looking at?  How much of my life history do they want for the privilege
> of taking my money?
>    Any help much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

Lazarus Registration