[GLLUG] Registering a Website Domain Name

Benjamin Cathey benjamincathey at catheycompany.com
Wed Oct 24 08:14:52 EDT 2007

That's who we just switched our domains to (godaddy.com).  We had 2 at web.com (which was interland and we had had them through interland for 10+ years) and one at network solutions.  As it turns out web.com had one of them through network solutions as well even though they managaged it.  As far as I am concerned, web.com can go to hell.  They had us on a plan (when I started here 2 years ago) that we had been on for 10 years or so.  The plan didn't exist anymore and was more expensive than anything they offered but we still had it and they still charged us.  Getting them to change anything, domain-wise was next to impossible and you can't manage the info yourself (as far as registrar info.)  Also their hosting seemed reasonable until I actually looked around.  Now we are getting 100* the hosting at 1/3 the price through www.mindonthenet.com

My 2 cents

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company