[GLLUG] Dual-Boot Copy?

Lachniet, Mark mlachniet at analysts.com
Tue Oct 30 14:21:51 EDT 2007

One of the nice things about partimage is that it doesn't (as far as I can tell) care what partition you lay down your files to.  you can backup from an 9gb /dev/hda1 to a GZIP file, then restore to a blank and formatted 30gb /dev/hdb2 without any real problem.  There are howto's on the internet about how to backup and restore your partition table, boot sector, etc.  (If you have more than 4 partitions they may be extended and not show up in your first 512 bytes)

Mark Lachniet
Solutions Architect - Security
Analysts International
3101 Technology Blvd. Suite A