[GLLUG] LAMP

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue Sep 11 17:26:21 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 20:20 +0000, Ex Fed wrote:

> Tom:
>
> I know I don't want to build all that either because I want it to be
> updated in case of future security updates.  If it is a custom build
> won't that cause issues with automatic updates in the future?
>
> If I had debian or ubuntu could i just do apt-get like in this howto.
> http://howtoforge.com/ubuntu_debian_lamp_server
>
> I have Redhat 4 AS.   Does debian or ubuntu get updates any faster
> than up2date with Redhat?

I can highly recommend Ubuntu Server 7.04. It takes minutes to install
and at the end there's an option to install all the packages you'll need
for a typical LAMP server. Easy to maintain and keep up to date. Plenty
of community support. I'm not sure if the updates for it come out any
faster than Red Hat, but I'd assume that they're pretty close or the
same.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com