[GLLUG] New GLLUG site online! favicon

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Wed Sep 12 23:45:40 EDT 2007

Richard Houser wrote:
> Karl,
>
> Thank you for the attempt, but I think it looks like a tea-kettle even
> at 500% zoom :-( (not your fault in any way).  I don't think it is
> possible to get that logo into a 16x16 ico format that will look decent.
>   Perhaps it would work for a 32x32 or 64x64 PNG, but that wouldn't work
> with those individuals that are temporarily stuck with IE.
>
> How about something simpler?  There has to be an ultra-low resolution
> Tux around somewhere just for this purpose.

I took the GLLUG logo, cut tux out of it, and scaled it down to a 16x16 png.
It looks okay. Tux is recognizable.

> Also, once we have this image, how do we plan to integrate it into the
> page?  Ideally, we would have the link embedded in the markup's head
> tag, but I know IE sites are often fond of the hack of placing the image
> on the server root.

I'm assuming Drupal handles all of this since there's a place in the theme
configuration to upload a favicon. If it doesn't, well, IE users are just
going to have to suffer through the lack of a favicon somehow. :P

Also, I adjusted the link color to an almost-dark blue so links stand out a
bit better. (There are a few CSS tweaks left to do as well, mainly with
fonts.)

Okay, now that bugs #1 and #2 are fixed, who has more?

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com