[GLLUG] Re: linux-user Digest, Vol 53, Issue 23

Karl Schuttler rexykik at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 03:07:34 EDT 2007

Firefox can do many of the same things Explorer can. You can browse
your computer's file tree, but you won't have an icon view, just a
directory listing. You can view certain applications with plugins,
such as video files, or certain things natively with firefox, such as
images. It can't really be a replacement for explorer.

I don't think anything can really replace control panel, short of
modifying the registry by hand, which would be such a hassle.

As far as programs that 'emulate' Explorer, I highly recommend Total
Commander. While the free version is shareware, the program is very,
very good and has many neat features like built in ftp and lots of add
on viewers. I don't condone software piracy, but here is a link to a
full version if you know how to torrent.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3800807/Total_Commander_7.02_Multilanguage_(Registered)

Karl