[GLLUG] FLUG Reminder

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Tue Sep 25 17:09:24 EDT 2007

Charles Ulrich wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 12:59 -0400, Marr wrote:
>> I already know what you look like, but that link yields this error:
>>
>> Access denied
>> You are not authorized to access this page.
>
> Anonymous users are currently not allowed to view user profiles. I
> personally think this is a good idea for privacy and security reasons
> but I'm willing to hear other opinions.

I feel very strongly that this profile information should not be
available to those with less than "Member" access.  Other things like
email addresses, jabber accounts, photos, etc. will also end up there.
So, that means this will only be available to logged in members.

Also, Clay shouldn't be setting anything of the type in that account, as
it will be getting deleted soon (it bypasses our LDAP accounts naming
scheme).