[GLLUG] Linux from the Library

Mark Szidik/mlc SzidikM at mlcnet.org
Wed Sep 26 10:07:59 EDT 2007

Chick,

I know the head of IT at CADL, and work with her from time to time. Sheryl
Cormicle Knox is pretty open to new ideas, and is the right person to
contact, but is extremely overworked.  I can imagine that she would have
some concerns that we can't see right now.

I would be willing to forward the proposal with an introductory note to
her if you (or someone else on the list) could write it.

---
Mark Szidik, CIO
Michigan Library Consortium
1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1,  Lansing, MI 48910-3657
Ph:800.530.9019 x117   Fax:517.492.3881
Ph:517.492.3817
MLC - Partnerships. Solutions. Excellence.

Charles Ulrich <charles at idealso.com>
Sent by: linux-user-bounces at egr.msu.edu
09/26/2007 09:43 AM

c.e.tower at gmail.com
cc
linux-user at egr.msu.edu
Subject
Re: [GLLUG] Linux from the Library

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 22:51 -0500, Chick Tower wrote:
> I thought before I send this using the library's contact form, I'd
> submit it to the group for advice and constructive criticism.  If you
> think it should come from someone else, or perhaps be done in a letter
> or a face-to-face meeting, feel free to suggest such.  If you know how
> to find the e-mail address of the proper person to discuss this with,
> please let us know.  I see that the CADL website (http://www.cadl.org/)
> is "PLONE POWERED", so perhaps they are receptive to FLOSS.

Very cool! Were you thinking that the CDs would be available for
checkout or just free to take? Or maybe both?

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com