[GLLUG] pci wireless adapter

pdwald pdwald at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 13:14:32 EDT 2008

You should look for any pci card that has the atheros chipsets. They
seem to have very good support on Linux via the madwifi project (which
has branched out to the ath5k because of the proprietary HAL --
Hardware Abstractio Lawer -- used in the madwifi). All in all, it
seems to works very well, and supports even advanced features/modes
such as putting the wlan device into promiscuous mode.

-lazarus