[GLLUG] linux-user at egr.msu.edu

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:51:53 EDT 2008

Is this to be a dial-up substitute for a broadband connection, Tom?  If
so, the woman will need a dial-up ISP account.  She can get a free one
that allows ten hours per month of usage from Juno or Netzero (same
company, different brands).  If she tries to register with a Linux
machine, though, she'll have to configure her browser to report itself
as running on Windows.  I couldn't get to the free account offer
otherwise when I registered several months ago.  I have such an account
as a back-up, but I don't know how long it would remain active if I
didn't use it a little each month, nor do I know if they would ever
terminate it for inactivity.

If this is to be a substitute for another dial-up server, can't you just
swap them out and try it?  Maybe I misunderstand the situation.

                                Chick