[GLLUG] Hardy and WPA2- AES?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at msu.edu
Sun Apr 27 20:25:37 EDT 2008

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Hardy when attempting to connect
to a network which utilizes WPA2-AES?  For some reason, I am unable to
make this work on my Thinkpad, a T43 with an Atheros card.  The network
shows up in Network-Manager; However, I select the network, enter the
correct password, and it just never connects.  Some Googling turned up
the fact that at least at one point, there was apparently an issue  with
Madwifi and WPA2-AES.  I assume Hardy is using a variant of Madwifi out
of the box.  If so, is Madwifi still the problem, and is there a
workaround?

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli

Michigan State University

Information Technologist
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu <http://www.rcpd.msu.edu/>

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities

120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915