[GLLUG] Ideas for SFD

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 00:22:27 EDT 2008

We were kicking around ideas at tonight's meeting about where to find an
interested audience for Software Freedom Day on September 20th.  Some of
the ideas suggested were retirement communities, high schools, chambers
of commerce, school boards, malls, Circuit City, Best Buy, hospitals,
and libraries.  MSU will probably be a traffic nightmare that day since
it's the Notre Dame football game on campus.  Does anyone else have any
suggestions on what groups might be interested in learning more about
free software?  Feel free to make suggestions that might sound stupid,
because they might trigger a better idea in someone else's mind.  I'm
sure there must be some ideas we've missed.  Feel free to suggest other
activities entirely, as well, like ways to get favorable publicity.

                                Chick