[GLLUG] Re: X server with OpenGL support

Marcus Rademacher radema39 at msu.edu
Wed Feb 6 13:53:01 EST 2008

[Sorry if this is a double send. I sent the first last week and it didn't
show up in the archives so I assumed it didn't go through for whatever
reason.]

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good X server for Windows? I'm
trying to use Abaqus/CAE on a remote Linux machine (which requires OpenGL
support on the X server), and not having much luck with the open source
tools. Cygwin/X doesn't work at all for this. Xming (and Xming-mesa) works
as far as opening the program, but crashes when I open a database. Other
(non-open source) options are Exceed 3D or Xwin32, but both of those are
pretty expensive. If someone has a way to get Xming to work, that'd be a
fine solution as well.

Marcus Rademacher