[GLLUG] Burnbox documentation & bug tracking

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue Feb 19 22:20:51 EST 2008

Charles Ulrich wrote:
> Very cool. I tried looking at the source code to see if I could modify
> it to keep track of statistics, but I couldn't make heads or tails of
> it. :( I guess need to find the time to learn some C++...

Logging the burns is complicated by the proposed setup this year, which
has the database residing on a network file share with the images.
Multiple processes attempting to write to an SQLite database when it is
stored on a network file system is a known bad situation.  File locking
via network file systems is not reliable and collisions, with attendant
database corruption, are entirely possible.  I would need to change the
database backend to get around this, and that isn't trivial to do.

Clay