[GLLUG] for those undecided about which portable to get

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 13:27:17 EST 2008

--- Marshal Newrock wrote:
> A comparison of two great portable computers:
>  <http://mihnea.com/2008/01/23/commodore-sx-64-vs-macbook-air/>

Ahh, happy memories.  In the mid-80s I used an SX-64 in conjunction
with a device called the "Jason-Ranheim Promenade EPROM Programmer" to
copy, burn, and (sometimes) modify EPROMS at a PC & typewriter repair
facility.  I even modified a Zenith 286 PC's BIOS to accept hard
drives that weren't originally in its parameters list -- using PEEKS
and POKES to the 64's memory.  That system paid for itself MANY times
over...

~~ Mikey