[GLLUG] Best local place for custom built computers?

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Feb 29 18:21:46 EST 2008

Al Puzzuoli wrote:
> Just shopping around for a new system, and seeking recommendations as to
> options in the Lansing area.  I haven't decided yet whether I want to
> buy online or locally, but would like an outfit that will let me
> customize the machine down to the type of case fans being used, etc.

I've been happy with the machines that I bought from Digilink.  They
aren't necessarily the most reasonable, but they are professional and
they are easy to work with.

For good prices I've found I/O Software in Flint to be very hard to beat
if you can pay cash.  I've never bought a full machine there, but their
components are extremely inexpensive.  Professional isn't exactly the
word I would use though.  Getting the owner to stop playing his online
poker game while he rang my order up was something of a challenge.

Clay