[GLLUG] Penguicon Computer Lounge (and whatever else needs liasoning)

Smith, Peter PSmith35 at analysts.com
Tue Jan 15 13:36:51 EST 2008

Well, last week's meetings went horribly for my attendance:

- Thursday night, well, 6 of one, half dozen of the other; weather kept
me in Lansing, but I ended up at the GLLUG meeting instead, so, net
result: productive

- Saturday, I was planning on going to the 3pm Board meeting, and
hitching a ride to the 5pm ConCom meeting, so I didn't have to bounce
back and forth across the border by myself (Had someone willing to drop
me off at the first one, and pick me up from the second).

Alas, the Con Secretary had both roof leakage and basement flooding
within the same 48 hour period, so at 6pm Friday, they posted a little
blurb about how they were going to move somewhere TBA, posted on the
Sec's front door, and that you really shouldn't bother with the
confusion if you don't have Board business. All fine and happy, but I
found this out at 2pm...and only had the address for the Board meeting.
Couldn't get in touch with anyone to find out where the ConCom meeting
was, so, just aborted the whole shebang.

I don't have any problem picking up the whifflebat of progress from
Charles, if y'all want. I've done this sort of thing before, from Gaming
cons back in the Michicon/Wintercon days in Detroit, thru a few
FilkOntarios and into all sorts of Origins and GenCons, with a
smattering of local Detroit and Windsor SF cons and weekend gaming
events thrown in. I'll just plan a little sooner than 3 days in advance
for ConCom meetings....and find out all the details I need along the
way.
_____
Peter Smith