[GLLUG] new to linux

Benjamin Cathey benjamincathey at catheycompany.com
Thu Jan 17 12:16:55 EST 2008

BartPE is a handy utility - I've used it many times here.

InsertSecurity is a nice Linux distro which includes AV scanning and many other network utilities.

I also have a few other boot/utility cds including one that has a utility to reset the any XP/2000 password (including the administrator) (that is a linux based disk).

I have also heard of it being possible.  I have a "Netboot" floppy which uses text files to configure it and then allows you to load the machine with an image from the network (much like ghost) but I haven't used it in years.

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company
4917 Tranter St.