[GLLUG] Digital Video Cameras & Linux

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Thu Jan 17 22:37:08 EST 2008

So I tried to hook my new video camera up to my computer tonight.  The
computer can see the firewire card just fine.  Unfortunately it can't
see the attached camera.  Does anybody have pointers here?

Are there special firewire cables for cameras, or are they pretty much
all the same?  I loaded the raw1394 module, which is recommended, but it
didn't change what I can see.  The camera was verified to be on.

dvgrab returns "No camera found"

So anybody on the list use a digital video camera with Linux?

Clay